Born from a positive place amid COVID-19
A Letter From Our Founder
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in the DriveKindness franchise, and to tell you the story of how I was inspired by the events of COVID-19 to start a business that would help restaurant owners nationwide. With over 40 years of experience in the restaurant industry and notable management and ownership roles with over 300 restaurants, including Tony Roma’s, Rally’s Hamburgers, Luther’s BBQ and Papa John’s, I’ve always known that offering reliable, affordable food delivery was a frequent headache for restaurant owners.
As the events of the COVID-19 pandemic began to unfold, I watched third-party delivery apps nickel-and-dime restaurants to the point of bankruptcy, at a time when delivery was a must in order to remain in business.
In an effort to protect the industry that had done so much for me over the years, I wanted to do something to help make delivery more beneficial for restaurants, drivers, and consumers alike. I developed DriveKindness, a third-party delivery company dedicated to giving back to the community and “driving kindness” everywhere the business goes.
Currently, DriveKindess is one of the fastest-growing franchise companies in the country, awarding 336 territories in less than 90 days! So while the DriveKindness story is just beginning, my story of supporting the industry I love continues to live on.
How does DriveKindness work to benefit restaurants and Franchise Owners alike?
Who We Are
We are true delivery service partners focused on restaurant owners, drivers, consumers, community goodwill, and Franchise Owner success.
We pay it forward with positive messaging, kindness, and transparency in all we do.
We help restaurants deliver a great experience to their customers.
What We Do
Due to the events of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s a great time to own a third-party food delivery service…but is it a great time to be a locally-owned restaurant, a delivery driver, or a customer getting hit with all those surcharges?
While those questions may be of little consequence to some competitor delivery companies, that’s where DriveKindness is different. Our Franchise Owners are committed to managing a team that delivers much more than just food- they’re leading an effort to provide a better value for everyone involved in the delivery process, from restaurant owners to drivers to the customers themselves.
Learn why this restaurant owner chose to partner with DriveKindness:
How We Work
- We charge a flat delivery rate, as opposed to a percentage, like the “Big 3” delivery corporations do, enabling us to keep costs to a minimum for our partner restaurants while still ensuring our delivery drivers are well-compensated.
- The substantial cost savings enjoyed by restaurant owners is enough to make DriveKindness their preferred delivery service, keeping us busy and competitive within our markets.
- Thanks to our partnership with OLO, one of the nation’s leading digital interfaces for online restaurant ordering and delivery, DriveKindness Franchise Owners start their business with an already-established roster of national restaurant partners.
- Franchise Owners can begin taking orders and earning revenue from the day they open for business.
- While our competition makes it hard to connect with a human or even obtain a customer service phone number, Franchise Owners establish trust and confidence as the local face of DriveKindness.
Hear from our
It seemed like a perfect opportunity…to start a family-owned business that we could basically work together, give back to our community, and become part of a restaurant industry trend that was growing and would be very profitable.”
– DEENA MCKINLEY, DRIVEKINDNESS Owner, MA
I definitely see the third-party industry growing in the next ten years. More restaurants have needed to get into delivery, and the third-party industry is a great way to do that.”
– Tyler McKinley, DRIVEKINDNES OWNER, MA
You don’t have to deal with a lease, cost of goods, operational expenses, and you can literally work from home!”
– MARIELENA JANE, DRIVEKINDNES OWNER, MIAMI, FL
I liked the concept model where everbody wins! The most appealing part is to build a business by helping people.”
– MACARENA GUINAZU, DRIVEKINDNES OWNER, MIAMI, FL
DriveKindness has always been supportive when it comes to getting restaurants involved in our business…we feel that the restaurants are very receptive to us when we explain our business plan to them, and they see that they can save a lot with our business model- that’s what makes it great.”
– MARCO RAFFE, DRIVEKINDNES OWNER, BROWARD COUNTY, FL
Meet Your Support Team
FOUNDER & CEO: RENE PRATS
- Founded DriveKindness in 2020
- 40 years of restaurant experience
- Seasoned Franchise Owner, restaurant operator, & consultant
- Founded to help support restaurants amid COVID-19
- Over 25 years of restaurant experience
- Provides leadership and guidance to Franchise Owners, providing client and end-user experience
- Oversees strategic development and ensures effective execution of company-wide training
- Identifies and anaylzes trends in data to formulate and determine the appropriate course of action, customer feedback, competitive landscape, and opportunities for continued growth and improvement
MARKETING DIRECTOR: MARIELENA JANE
- 25 years of experience as a marketing executive
- Coordinates all franchise PR
- Creates engaging consumer ads on Facebook and Instagram
- Analyzes marketing tools, adjusting accordingly for maximum Franchise Owner success
- Over 20 years of management, strategy, product development delivery, and operational experience
- Hosts Franchise Owner training at DriveKindness corporate headquarters
- Available for ongoing Franchise Owner support
- Effective at multitasking with excellent negotiating and communication skills